Vera House Coronavirus Response
We hope that you and your families are staying safe and taking care of yourselves during these uncertain times.
Our primary focus is on providing client services, which we do 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we are going to do our best to continue to do that. As things are unfolding and changing rapidly, we are doing our best to respond in the moment and to plan for future necessities. Please see below and learn how we are responding to COVID-19 at Vera House.
- Our 24-hour support and information line is open and available. Please call (315) 468-3260 if you need us, anytime day or night.
- Our shelter program will remain open. Call us anytime at (315) 468-3260.
- We will provide most of our advocacy and clinical services remotely through phone or video options.
- Our in-person groups have been discontinued indefinitely.
- Our volunteer program is not accepting new volunteers at this time, and all volunteer training has been suspended.
- As we encourage social distancing to slow the progress of Coronavirus, all Vera House staff who are not providing services at shelter have been encouraged to work remotely.
- We will have a very limited staff presence at our administrative offices, 723 James Street, Syracuse, for continuity of service and emergencies.
We do not have a definitive time frame as to when our services will be back to usual. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or call (315) 425-0818. Our staff directory can be found here.
We appreciate your understanding and your partnership in helping us to create a world free of violence and abuse. You can show your support by signing our pledge as your personal statement to never support, commit, or remain silent about domestic or sexual violence or elder abuse.
Your friends at Vera House