Vera House 2020 Annual Report
Our 2020 Annual Report is now online! In this year's report, we share how the COVID-19 pandemic impacted our clients and the agency across programs. Highlights include:
- A reflection on the year from Co-Executive Directors Randi Bregman and Angela Douglas
- Updates on our anti-racism and anti-oppression work
- A mission story from our first-ever resident who moved from our shelter to homeownership
- Statistics and updates from our programs, including Advocacy, Prevention Education and Abuse in Later Life
- Profiles of monthly donor Alena Cerro and planned giving donor Marissa Saunders
- Our 2020 financial summary
A Message to Andrew Cuomo
“The Friends of Andrew Cuomo” spent over $300,000 to launch an ad campaign designed to paint former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo as a victim of political attacks because of the sexual harassment claims against him. We cannot allow this gaslighting to continue while the ad revictimizes victims of not only Cuomo’s sexual harassment but ANYONE who has ever experienced abuse. The tactics used by Cuomo and his supporters further represent the barriers that survivors face every day that prevent them from coming forward and getting support.
We at Vera House have asked Andrew Cuomo to take accountability for the harm he has caused on multiple occasions. Instead of admitting to his wrongdoings, he continues to use power and control to suppress and invalidate the truths of the survivors. Today we released a video, produced by Solon Quinn Studios and supported by Survivors’ Network, that sends a powerful message to survivors, "I believe you."
We are asking you to help us amplify the video so that survivors throughout New York and the rest of the world know that we believe and stand with them.
Here’s how to get involved:
1. Share our post on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter
2. Engage with our content on Instagram and TikTok
3. Share survivor support resources from your organization
4. Tag @verahouseinc
For any questions or to request an interview with a member of Survivors' Network, please contact us at: email@example.com