Vera House Seeks Proposals for Research Consultants
Vera House, Inc. is seeking proposals from research consultants with preferred experience in survey/assessment instrument development, qualitative interviewing, and program evaluation to support the enhancement and expansion of our Preventing Financial Exploitation of Older Adults training curriculum for financial professionals and others who interface with older adults.
Vera House, Inc. seeks a qualified research consultant to provide services to include:
· Assessment of knowledge and skill retention of previous training participants
· Investigation of feasibility of the existing training curriculum for both current target audience (financial professionals) and for new audiences who may witness financial exploitation of older adults
· Evaluation of the efficacy of a modified version of the training curriculum (to be modified using data and insights gained from the aforementioned activities)
We are specifically seeking a consultant who is certified as a Minorty and/or Women-Owned Business Enterprise in New York State.
The deadline for proposal submission is September 23, 2022 by 5:00 PM.
Please click here for a link to the full RFP.
A Message to Andrew Cuomo
“The Friends of Andrew Cuomo” spent over $300,000 to launch an ad campaign designed to paint former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo as a victim of political attacks because of the sexual harassment claims against him. We cannot allow this gaslighting to continue while the ad revictimizes victims of not only Cuomo’s sexual harassment but ANYONE who has ever experienced abuse. The tactics used by Cuomo and his supporters further represent the barriers that survivors face every day that prevent them from coming forward and getting support.
We at Vera House have asked Andrew Cuomo to take accountability for the harm he has caused on multiple occasions. Instead of admitting to his wrongdoings, he continues to use power and control to suppress and invalidate the truths of the survivors. Today we released a video, produced by Solon Quinn Studios and supported by Survivors’ Network, that sends a powerful message to survivors, "I believe you."
We are asking you to help us amplify the video so that survivors throughout New York and the rest of the world know that we believe and stand with them.
Here’s how to get involved:
1. Share our post on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter
2. Engage with our content on Instagram and TikTok
3. Share survivor support resources from your organization
4. Tag @verahouseinc
For any questions or to request an interview with a member of Survivors' Network, please contact us at: email@example.com
24-Hour Support Line