Sign up for our e-newsletter!
We Are in Seach of Volunteers!
Vera House is currently recruiting volunteer candidates for the following areas:
To participate in the training, please complete our Volunteer Application no later than February 24th. After submitting your application and meeting with our Volunteer Coordinator, you must attend the following training sessions:
- Friday, 3/10: Orientation from 5:30 - 9:00 PM
- Saturday, 3/11: Core information about Domestic & Sexual Violence and Elder Abuse from 9 AM - 5 PM
- Saturday, 3/18: Communication Skills from 9 AM - 5 PM
After completing the above three sessions, individuals will receive training in their focus area as follows:
Sexual Assault Advocates:
- Monday, 3/13 from 5:30 - 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, 3/14 from 5:30 - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday, 3/15 from 5:30 - 9:00 PM
- Monday, 3/20 from 5:30 - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday, 3/22 from 5:30 - 9:00 PM
Crisis & Support Line:
- Tuesday, 3/21 from 10 AM - 4 PM
Family Court to Assist With Orders of Protection:
- Thursday, 3/23 from 1 - 5 PM
Volunteers must be 18 or older and have daytime availability.
Volunteer training takes place at the Vera House Offices located at 6181 Thompson Road, Suite 100, Syracuse, NY 13206.
If you have any questions, click HERE to contact our Volunteer Coordinator or call our office at 315-425-0818 x249.